Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

CRAZY Q FALL THEMES....

FALL IN NEW ENGLAND IS VERY INSPIRING AND SOMETHING I USE FOR THIS METHOD OF MAKING QUILTS...Here are two samples and snippets of the work.


 This is a close up of the center blocks...each one was stuffed and the button is an anchor for the finished piece.  The star is blurry but one of my favorite things to do with stars...add the rays with beads.  The thread work is done with pearl cotton #8 and crewel embroidery floss.  The bead size does vary...not too large...the larger the bead ...the more times I go through the holes .  I use double thread for EVERYTHING...QUILTING AND SEWING.


The photos show aster flowers with bead centers.  Leaves made out of satin/poly and they are sewn on and bead work. I just love having a digital camera...such a gem for quilters...because it allows us to take photos of work in progress and a picture helps to see things.  This is before the border went on and where I hope to return to soon. This was a muslin foundation piecing method so each block has the same formation.  The fabrics come from my stash and upholstery books that I took apart...corduroys, velvets, cottons were also used.  AND NOW.......HERE IS WHAT THE PIECE ENDED UP LOOKING LIKE...yes...I used a binding...but NEVER AGAIN..this is just not my thing...this method will always have a pillow slip edge..which means...this piece will be taken down to the above picture.  I want to enlarge this piece.  I learned that when you hurry...10 days work here...things happen.  This method of quilt making requires time and patience to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment